- WWE Posts Inside Look at Tryouts at the WWE Performance CenterPosted 2 days ago
- Update on TNA’s Next Television DealPosted 2 days ago
- Rumors of Next Round of WWE Talent ReleasesPosted 3 days ago
- Jim Ross Talks Color Commentators, Relationship With Vince McMahon, Cena Heel TurnPosted 3 days ago
- *COMPLETE SPOILERS* for Oct. 31 Halloween Edition of “Smackdown”Posted 3 days ago
- CM Punk Appears at “The Walking Dead” Escape!Posted 4 days ago
- “Stone Cold” Steve Austin Says Cesaro Deserves a PushPosted 4 days ago
- Jim Ross Talks Rusev’s Character, Billy Jack Haynes’ Lawsuit, TNA and ROHPosted 4 days ago
- Details on Billy Jack Haynes Lawsuit Against WWEPosted 4 days ago
- Randy Orton to Star in “The Condemned 2: Desert Prey”Posted 5 days ago
WWE’s “Friday Night Smackdown” Likely Moving to Thursday Nights
- Updated: August 24, 2014
It has been rumored for the last month “Friday Night Smackdown,” WWE’s No. 2 program, would be headed back to its original slot of Thursday nights at 8 p.m. ET. While no official announcement has been made at this time, it appears the show is in fact destined to end up there.
SyFy, home of the show, has released its upcoming schedule on its official website. On it, it lists Oct. 2, a Thursday, as airing “Smackdown” at 8 p.m. From there, it continues on a weekly-basis. The schedule can be viewed here.
All airings prior to Oct. 2 are still on Friday nights.
It was noted earlier in August the company had new production trucks that teased the show moving to Thursdays. The company then followed up on those images displayed by claiming a move to Thursday nights was on the table.
In a move that many have speculated to be related, TNA recently switched “Impact Wrestling” over to Wednesday nights rather than Thursdays. Many assumed this would be to avoid going head-to-head with “Smackdown.”
The show debuted in 1999 in a pre-taped format as it is now, but on Thursday nights on UPN. It moved to Fridays almost 10 years ago as the show bounced around networks.
Big move for WWE getting it to Thursday. It had been speculated with the “NXT” and “Superstars” switch something was up. Now to see how it will do against CBS’ football coverage…