- *Complete Spoilers* Smackdown: 12/27/13Posted 9 hours ago
- *Spoilers* 12/20 SmackdownPosted 1 day ago
- Daniel Bryan and Shawn Michaels May Wrestle at WrestleMania 30Posted 2 days ago
- Shawn Michaels May Be Interested in WrestleMania 30 MatchPosted 2 days ago
- *Spoilers* 12/23 Monday Night RawPosted 2 days ago
- WWE Looking at New TV Deals, May Tape Smackdown LivePosted 3 days ago
- Should Michelle Beadle Be the New WWE Divas Champion?Posted 5 days ago
- AJ Lee Reportedly Has Backstage Heat in WWEPosted 5 days ago
- TNA and AJ Styles Likely Parting Ways Over MoneyPosted 1 week ago
- Antonio Cesaro May Be Turning Face SoonPosted 1 week ago
WWE May Drop Hell in a Cell Pay-Per-Views
- Updated: August 22, 2013
On the August 21 edition of Wrestling Observer Radio it was noted that there has been talk within the WWE of dropping the “Hell in a Cell” pay-per-view starting in 2014. However, even though the pay-per-view may be dropped, it will not be the end of Hell in a Cell matches. If the pay-per-view is dropped, Hell in a Cell matches will likely be used as a gimmick match on various pay-per-views. Dave Meltzer also noted that this is something that has been discussed before within the WWE.
The first “Hell in a Cell” pay-per-view occurred in 2009, which saw three Hell in a Cell matches. The main event featured Legacy (Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes) taking on D-Generation X members Triple H and Shawn Michaels in a Hell in a Cell match. In 2010 and 2011 the pay-per-view featured two Hell in a Cell matches for both the WWE and World Heavyweight Championships. However, in 2012 there was just one Hell in a Cell match that put CM Punk’s WWE Championship on the line against Ryback.