- WWE’s “Friday Night Smackdown” Likely Moving to Thursday NightsPosted 3 days ago
- Bully Ray Reportedly Leaving TNAPosted 1 week ago
- John Cena Reveals First “WWE 2K15″ ImagePosted 3 weeks ago
- WWE Releases Ricardo RodriguezPosted 4 weeks ago
- Wrestle REACTION: July 28 Edition!Posted 4 weeks ago
- Breaking: TNA’s “Impact Wrestling” Cancelled by SpikePosted 1 month ago
- CM Punk Says He Will “Never Ever” Return to WWEPosted 1 month ago
- WWE Reportedly Releases Ricky “The Dragon” SteamboatPosted 1 month ago
- The Commentary: Daniel Bryan’s Injuries Must Bring Change to WrestlingPosted 2 months ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 105 (July 5, 2014)Posted 2 months ago
WWE Crew Take Pictures of Kurt Angle Passed Out on Plane
- Updated: July 3, 2014
In a story first broken by Wrestlezone.com, TNA superstar Kurt Angle was onboard a plane with several WWE writers and production people last Wednesday in Pittsburgh.
Per Nick Paglino of WZ.com:
Angle was on the plane bound for New York for the NYC Impact tapings, and the WWE staffers were on board the same plane heading back from the Smackdown tapings the night before at The Consol Energy Center.
The WWE crew took photos of Angle passed out. Those pictures made their rounds backstage, sparking quite a bit of conversation within the company. Sources claim that Angle may have been intoxicated aboard the flight, and this is why people were talking about the incident backstage.
The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reported back in May that WWE may not be welcoming to an Angle return because of his health and sobriety issues.
A torn ACL in his left knee forced TNA to put Angle in more of an on-screen power role as Executive Director of Wrestling Operations. He’s expected to be out of action for another two-to-three months.
Angle is a five-time TNA World Heavyweight Champion (most in company history) and two-time TNA World Tag Team Champion with Sting and A.J. Styles. He was inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame in 2013, joining Sting as the only other member.
His last match with WWE was against Sabu at an ECW taping on Aug. 8, 2006.
What was the purpose of taking pictures of Angle? It doesn’t make sense to me. He was obviously in a vulnerable state. He was probably just sleeping. Ah well.