- CM Punk Breaks Silence on 3:16; It’s a Work!Posted 3 hours ago
- Roman Reigns Discusses His Road to WWE, In-Ring Psychology, WWE NetworkPosted 2 days ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 20 (March 15, 2014)Posted 2 days ago
- Roman Reigns Reveals “Really Lame” Idea WWE Wanted For Shield DebutPosted 2 days ago
- New WrestleMania XXX Match Being Considered for The ShieldPosted 2 days ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 18 (March 13, 2014)Posted 4 days ago
- Update on Scott Hall’s Potential WWE Hall of Fame InductionPosted 4 days ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 17 (March 12, 2014)Posted 5 days ago
- *Spoilers* March 14 “WWE Smackdown”Posted 5 days ago
- The Commentary: YES! The Story of the Big WrestleMania XXX PayoffPosted 5 days ago
WWE Championship Match Confirmed for Night of Champions PPV
- Updated: August 24, 2013
As confirmed on the August 23rd edition of Friday Night SmackDown, at WWE Night of Champions, Randy Orton will defend his WWE Championship against Daniel Bryan.
Orton cashed in his Money in the Bank contract on Bryan just minutes after “The Beard” had won the championship from John Cena at WWE SummerSlam, turning heel in the process and aligning himself with Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon, and Triple H. Proving his new “corporate alliance,” Orton embraced Triple H and the McMahons Monday Night on RAW just before dropping Bryan in the ring with an RKO.
The “McMahon Family Storyline” is expected to include Orton, Bryan, and Cena and carry all the way into WrestleMania XXX. The storyline also involves Brad Maddox, The Shield, Big Show, Mark Henry, and Dolph Ziggler for the time being. Others like CM Punk are expected to get tied into this “huge” ‘Mania drama before the “showcase of the immortals” goes live next spring.
Follow Doug McDonald on Twitter