- More WWE Documents Leak, Including A “To-Do List”Posted 23 hours ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 46 (April 16, 2014)Posted 1 day ago
- Reason for WWE Holding Intercontinental Championship TournamentPosted 1 day ago
- “Rowdy” Roddy Piper Discusses The Ultimate Warrior, Dead WrestlersPosted 1 day ago
- Wife of The Ultimate Warrior Releases Statement on His DeathPosted 1 day ago
- “Rowdy” Roddy Piper Previews “WWE Legends’ House”Posted 1 day ago
- AJ Lee Reportedly Takes Leave of AbsencePosted 1 day ago
- *Spoilers* April 18 “WWE Smackdown”Posted 2 days ago
- Alleged Script for April 14 “Monday Night Raw” SurfacesPosted 2 days ago
- Major League Baseball’s Pittsburgh Pirates Join Yes MovementPosted 2 days ago
WWE Championship Match Confirmed for Night of Champions PPV
- Updated: August 24, 2013
As confirmed on the August 23rd edition of Friday Night SmackDown, at WWE Night of Champions, Randy Orton will defend his WWE Championship against Daniel Bryan.
Orton cashed in his Money in the Bank contract on Bryan just minutes after “The Beard” had won the championship from John Cena at WWE SummerSlam, turning heel in the process and aligning himself with Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon, and Triple H. Proving his new “corporate alliance,” Orton embraced Triple H and the McMahons Monday Night on RAW just before dropping Bryan in the ring with an RKO.
The “McMahon Family Storyline” is expected to include Orton, Bryan, and Cena and carry all the way into WrestleMania XXX. The storyline also involves Brad Maddox, The Shield, Big Show, Mark Henry, and Dolph Ziggler for the time being. Others like CM Punk are expected to get tied into this “huge” ‘Mania drama before the “showcase of the immortals” goes live next spring.
Follow Doug McDonald on Twitter