- Current “Hell In A Cell” PPV Card! (Contains Spoilers and Rumors)Posted 2 hours ago
- Complete *Spoilers* “Smackdown” Oct. 24Posted 18 hours ago
- Baron Corbin Discusses Developing Character, His NXT Debut, CFO$ Entrance ThemesPosted 1 day ago
- WWE Announces Partnership With Nickelodeon to Air “Slam City”Posted 1 day ago
- Jake “The Snake” Roberts Provides an Update on His HealthPosted 1 day ago
- WWE Updates Talent Wellness Policy, Adds Domestic Violence SectionPosted 1 day ago
- Backstage News Behind Rusev Segment From “Monday Night Raw”Posted 1 day ago
- Update on Mick Foley’s Surprise WWE Return on “RAW”Posted 1 day ago
- 2K Sports Releases Look at Motion Capture and Pacing Features for “WWE 2K15″Posted 5 days ago
- Brock Lesnar Advertised for the WWE Slammy Awards in DecemberPosted 5 days ago
WWE Championship Match Confirmed for Night of Champions PPV
- Updated: August 24, 2013
As confirmed on the August 23rd edition of Friday Night SmackDown, at WWE Night of Champions, Randy Orton will defend his WWE Championship against Daniel Bryan.
Orton cashed in his Money in the Bank contract on Bryan just minutes after “The Beard” had won the championship from John Cena at WWE SummerSlam, turning heel in the process and aligning himself with Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon, and Triple H. Proving his new “corporate alliance,” Orton embraced Triple H and the McMahons Monday Night on RAW just before dropping Bryan in the ring with an RKO.
The “McMahon Family Storyline” is expected to include Orton, Bryan, and Cena and carry all the way into WrestleMania XXX. The storyline also involves Brad Maddox, The Shield, Big Show, Mark Henry, and Dolph Ziggler for the time being. Others like CM Punk are expected to get tied into this “huge” ‘Mania drama before the “showcase of the immortals” goes live next spring.
Follow Doug McDonald on Twitter