- WWE’s “Friday Night Smackdown” Likely Moving to Thursday NightsPosted 4 days ago
- Bully Ray Reportedly Leaving TNAPosted 2 weeks ago
- John Cena Reveals First “WWE 2K15″ ImagePosted 3 weeks ago
- WWE Releases Ricardo RodriguezPosted 4 weeks ago
- Wrestle REACTION: July 28 Edition!Posted 1 month ago
- Breaking: TNA’s “Impact Wrestling” Cancelled by SpikePosted 1 month ago
- CM Punk Says He Will “Never Ever” Return to WWEPosted 1 month ago
- WWE Reportedly Releases Ricky “The Dragon” SteamboatPosted 1 month ago
- The Commentary: Daniel Bryan’s Injuries Must Bring Change to WrestlingPosted 2 months ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 105 (July 5, 2014)Posted 2 months ago
WWE Championship Match Confirmed for Night of Champions PPV
- Updated: August 24, 2013
As confirmed on the August 23rd edition of Friday Night SmackDown, at WWE Night of Champions, Randy Orton will defend his WWE Championship against Daniel Bryan.
Orton cashed in his Money in the Bank contract on Bryan just minutes after “The Beard” had won the championship from John Cena at WWE SummerSlam, turning heel in the process and aligning himself with Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon, and Triple H. Proving his new “corporate alliance,” Orton embraced Triple H and the McMahons Monday Night on RAW just before dropping Bryan in the ring with an RKO.
The “McMahon Family Storyline” is expected to include Orton, Bryan, and Cena and carry all the way into WrestleMania XXX. The storyline also involves Brad Maddox, The Shield, Big Show, Mark Henry, and Dolph Ziggler for the time being. Others like CM Punk are expected to get tied into this “huge” ‘Mania drama before the “showcase of the immortals” goes live next spring.
Follow Doug McDonald on Twitter