- The Commentary: Daniel Bryan’s Injuries Must Bring Change to WrestlingPosted 2 days ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 105 (July 5, 2014)Posted 1 week ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 99 (June 28, 2014)Posted 2 weeks ago
- Breaking: WWE Releases Josh MathewsPosted 2 weeks ago
- “SummerSlam” Poster Leaks, Possibly Spoils Marquee MatchPosted 2 weeks ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 93 (June 21, 2014)Posted 3 weeks ago
- TNA Likely Switching to Six-Sided RingPosted 3 weeks ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 88 (June 14, 2014)Posted 4 weeks ago
- MVP Will Not Compete at “Slammiversary,” Replacement to be NamedPosted 4 weeks ago
- *Spoilers* June 13 “Smackdown”Posted 1 month ago
WWE Championship Match Confirmed for Night of Champions PPV
- Updated: August 24, 2013
As confirmed on the August 23rd edition of Friday Night SmackDown, at WWE Night of Champions, Randy Orton will defend his WWE Championship against Daniel Bryan.
Orton cashed in his Money in the Bank contract on Bryan just minutes after “The Beard” had won the championship from John Cena at WWE SummerSlam, turning heel in the process and aligning himself with Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon, and Triple H. Proving his new “corporate alliance,” Orton embraced Triple H and the McMahons Monday Night on RAW just before dropping Bryan in the ring with an RKO.
The “McMahon Family Storyline” is expected to include Orton, Bryan, and Cena and carry all the way into WrestleMania XXX. The storyline also involves Brad Maddox, The Shield, Big Show, Mark Henry, and Dolph Ziggler for the time being. Others like CM Punk are expected to get tied into this “huge” ‘Mania drama before the “showcase of the immortals” goes live next spring.
Follow Doug McDonald on Twitter