- Sean O’Haire Reportedly Participated in WWE-Sponsored RehabPosted 2 days ago
- Update on How John Cena is Being Booked by Vince McMahonPosted 2 days ago
- Jack Swagger Talks Face Turn, Cesaro, Being a VeteranPosted 2 days ago
- Kurt Angle Discusses Chris Benoit, TNA vs. WWE, Lack of Main Event StarsPosted 2 days ago
- Bobby “The Brain” Heenan Suffers Hip Injury, Needs SurgeryPosted 3 days ago
- Off The Top Rope Radio Goes LIVE @ 8 p.m. ET!Posted 4 days ago
- WWE May Consider Bringing the WWE Network to CablePosted 4 days ago
- Update on NXT Creative ProcessPosted 4 days ago
- Speculation on KENTA’s First NXT MatchPosted 4 days ago
- Christian’s WWE In-Ring Career May Be OverPosted 4 days ago
WWE Championship Match Confirmed for Night of Champions PPV
- Updated: August 24, 2013
As confirmed on the August 23rd edition of Friday Night SmackDown, at WWE Night of Champions, Randy Orton will defend his WWE Championship against Daniel Bryan.
Orton cashed in his Money in the Bank contract on Bryan just minutes after “The Beard” had won the championship from John Cena at WWE SummerSlam, turning heel in the process and aligning himself with Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon, and Triple H. Proving his new “corporate alliance,” Orton embraced Triple H and the McMahons Monday Night on RAW just before dropping Bryan in the ring with an RKO.
The “McMahon Family Storyline” is expected to include Orton, Bryan, and Cena and carry all the way into WrestleMania XXX. The storyline also involves Brad Maddox, The Shield, Big Show, Mark Henry, and Dolph Ziggler for the time being. Others like CM Punk are expected to get tied into this “huge” ‘Mania drama before the “showcase of the immortals” goes live next spring.
Follow Doug McDonald on Twitter