- Wrestle REACTION: July 28 Edition!Posted 24 hours ago
- Breaking: TNA’s “Impact Wrestling” Cancelled by SpikePosted 2 days ago
- CM Punk Says He Will “Never Ever” Return to WWEPosted 1 week ago
- WWE Reportedly Releases Ricky “The Dragon” SteamboatPosted 2 weeks ago
- The Commentary: Daniel Bryan’s Injuries Must Bring Change to WrestlingPosted 3 weeks ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 105 (July 5, 2014)Posted 3 weeks ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 99 (June 28, 2014)Posted 1 month ago
- Breaking: WWE Releases Josh MathewsPosted 1 month ago
- “SummerSlam” Poster Leaks, Possibly Spoils Marquee MatchPosted 1 month ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 93 (June 21, 2014)Posted 1 month ago
Why Did Jim Ross Get Fired From WWE? Truth Behind Jim Ross’s Departure Revealed
- Updated: September 11, 2013
Why Did Jim Ross Get Fired From WWE?
The story causing the most buzz today is that Jim Ross has retired from the WWE. However, there might be a bit more than meets the eye it seems regarding the reasons why the legendary announcer and WWE Hall of Famer left the company.
The Wrestling Observer posted an exclusive audio update to the story just hours after WWE.com announced JR’s retirement publicly, claiming Jim Ross was in fact let go from the company. Dave Meltzer of the Observer is saying that the “retirement” angle is simply a way to spin it to the media without causing an uproar.
The reason for Jim Ross being fired goes back to a recent promotional event for the upcoming release of WWE 2k14, the video game. Jim Ross hosted a Q&A panel with several current and former WWE superstars, including Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin and, most notably, “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair.
Ric Flair was rumored to be drunk at the event and took over the spotlight, taking a ton of time going on rants and telling old stories. Many fans enjoyed his honesty, but Vince McMahon was reportedly not one of them. Jim Ross apparently took the heat, and subsequent fall, as a result.
The word backstage is that WWE wanted to fire Jim Ross for not gaining control over Flair as soon as the event ended, but it’s likely his release was delayed for the very same PR reasons outlined above.
We’ll keep you up-to-date on this developing story as more information is made available.