- 2K Sports Releases Look at Motion Capture and Pacing Features for “WWE 2K15″Posted 3 days ago
- Brock Lesnar Advertised for the WWE Slammy Awards in DecemberPosted 3 days ago
- John Cena and Randy Orton Reportedly Will Close “Hell in a Cell”Posted 3 days ago
- WWE Set to Feature “Stone Cold” Steve Austin Prominently in 2015Posted 3 days ago
- WWE Reportedly Interested in a Dudley Boyz ReturnPosted 3 days ago
- Ricardo Rodriguez Blasts Triple H, Says “Nobody” Has Fun in WWEPosted 5 days ago
- Kevin Steen Discusses WWE Performance Center, Sami Zayn, Daniel BryanPosted 5 days ago
- Justin Roberts Issues Statement on WWE ReleasePosted 5 days ago
- Mick Foley Talks Rusev’s Performance on “RAW,” Bullying, Jack SwaggerPosted 5 days ago
- Brad Maddox Makes WWE Return on WWE AppPosted 5 days ago
Vince McMahon Interested in Buying Newcastle United
- Updated: February 17, 2014
According to a report by Winnersports.co.uk,World Wrestling Entertainment chairman Vince McMahon has expressed interest in purchasing Newcastle United FC from owner Mike Ashley.
Talks are in extremely early stages, but the report indicates that McMahon would like to own a Premier League club.
Vince McMahon has been sniffing around the club and seems keen on pursuing his interest.
He sees England as an untapped market for his wrestling empire. He has even indicated he could put on wrestling bouts at St James’s Park.
Obviously it is very early days but there is hope the fans may get what they want with Ashley leaving. Buying a club like Newcastle would throw him into the spotlight in England which is just what he is looking to do. (Newcastle source)
Newcastle United currently owns a record of 11 wins, four draws and 11 loses. That has the club currently sitting ninth in the Barclays Premier League.
Ashley has been in talks with several American companies to sell the team, although talks with McMahon seem to be further along than most.