- Update on New “Total Divas” Cast and Season StorylinesPosted 2 days ago
- Kane Discusses Staying in Wrestling, Working Live Events, Favorite Wrestling MomentPosted 2 days ago
- Chris Jericho Sounds Off on CM Punk: “He Has Avoided Me”Posted 2 days ago
- More Backstage News on Randy Orton and WWE StorylinesPosted 2 days ago
- WWE Has “No Plans” to Raise Price of the WWE NetworkPosted 2 days ago
- Update on WWE and Jim Ross’ PodcastPosted 2 days ago
- Current “Hell In A Cell” PPV Card! (Contains Spoilers and Rumors)Posted 3 days ago
- Complete *Spoilers* “Smackdown” Oct. 24Posted 4 days ago
- Baron Corbin Discusses Developing Character, His NXT Debut, CFO$ Entrance ThemesPosted 4 days ago
- WWE Announces Partnership With Nickelodeon to Air “Slam City”Posted 4 days ago
Vince McMahon Interested in Buying Newcastle United
- Updated: February 17, 2014
According to a report by Winnersports.co.uk,World Wrestling Entertainment chairman Vince McMahon has expressed interest in purchasing Newcastle United FC from owner Mike Ashley.
Talks are in extremely early stages, but the report indicates that McMahon would like to own a Premier League club.
Vince McMahon has been sniffing around the club and seems keen on pursuing his interest.
He sees England as an untapped market for his wrestling empire. He has even indicated he could put on wrestling bouts at St James’s Park.
Obviously it is very early days but there is hope the fans may get what they want with Ashley leaving. Buying a club like Newcastle would throw him into the spotlight in England which is just what he is looking to do. (Newcastle source)
Newcastle United currently owns a record of 11 wins, four draws and 11 loses. That has the club currently sitting ninth in the Barclays Premier League.
Ashley has been in talks with several American companies to sell the team, although talks with McMahon seem to be further along than most.