- Breaking: TNA’s “Impact Wrestling” Cancelled by SpikePosted 20 hours ago
- CM Punk Says He Will “Never Ever” Return to WWEPosted 7 days ago
- WWE Reportedly Releases Ricky “The Dragon” SteamboatPosted 1 week ago
- The Commentary: Daniel Bryan’s Injuries Must Bring Change to WrestlingPosted 3 weeks ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 105 (July 5, 2014)Posted 3 weeks ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 99 (June 28, 2014)Posted 1 month ago
- Breaking: WWE Releases Josh MathewsPosted 1 month ago
- “SummerSlam” Poster Leaks, Possibly Spoils Marquee MatchPosted 1 month ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 93 (June 21, 2014)Posted 1 month ago
- TNA Likely Switching to Six-Sided RingPosted 1 month ago
Vince McMahon Interested in Buying Newcastle United
- Updated: February 17, 2014
According to a report by Winnersports.co.uk,World Wrestling Entertainment chairman Vince McMahon has expressed interest in purchasing Newcastle United FC from owner Mike Ashley.
Talks are in extremely early stages, but the report indicates that McMahon would like to own a Premier League club.
Vince McMahon has been sniffing around the club and seems keen on pursuing his interest.
He sees England as an untapped market for his wrestling empire. He has even indicated he could put on wrestling bouts at St James’s Park.
Obviously it is very early days but there is hope the fans may get what they want with Ashley leaving. Buying a club like Newcastle would throw him into the spotlight in England which is just what he is looking to do. (Newcastle source)
Newcastle United currently owns a record of 11 wins, four draws and 11 loses. That has the club currently sitting ninth in the Barclays Premier League.
Ashley has been in talks with several American companies to sell the team, although talks with McMahon seem to be further along than most.