- WWE Posts Inside Look at Tryouts at the WWE Performance CenterPosted 1 day ago
- Update on TNA’s Next Television DealPosted 1 day ago
- Rumors of Next Round of WWE Talent ReleasesPosted 1 day ago
- Jim Ross Talks Color Commentators, Relationship With Vince McMahon, Cena Heel TurnPosted 1 day ago
- *COMPLETE SPOILERS* for Oct. 31 Halloween Edition of “Smackdown”Posted 2 days ago
- CM Punk Appears at “The Walking Dead” Escape!Posted 3 days ago
- “Stone Cold” Steve Austin Says Cesaro Deserves a PushPosted 3 days ago
- Jim Ross Talks Rusev’s Character, Billy Jack Haynes’ Lawsuit, TNA and ROHPosted 3 days ago
- Details on Billy Jack Haynes Lawsuit Against WWEPosted 3 days ago
- Randy Orton to Star in “The Condemned 2: Desert Prey”Posted 3 days ago
Vince McMahon Interested in Buying Newcastle United
- Updated: February 17, 2014
According to a report by Winnersports.co.uk,World Wrestling Entertainment chairman Vince McMahon has expressed interest in purchasing Newcastle United FC from owner Mike Ashley.
Talks are in extremely early stages, but the report indicates that McMahon would like to own a Premier League club.
Vince McMahon has been sniffing around the club and seems keen on pursuing his interest.
He sees England as an untapped market for his wrestling empire. He has even indicated he could put on wrestling bouts at St James’s Park.
Obviously it is very early days but there is hope the fans may get what they want with Ashley leaving. Buying a club like Newcastle would throw him into the spotlight in England which is just what he is looking to do. (Newcastle source)
Newcastle United currently owns a record of 11 wins, four draws and 11 loses. That has the club currently sitting ninth in the Barclays Premier League.
Ashley has been in talks with several American companies to sell the team, although talks with McMahon seem to be further along than most.