- Major NXT Stars Discuss Being in WWEPosted 3 days ago
- Shark Boy Backstage at “Impact Wrestling” TapingsPosted 3 days ago
- Update on Negotiations Between Germany’s Tim Wiese and WWEPosted 3 days ago
- Lance Russell May Introduce Jerry “The King” Lawler Before “Raw”Posted 3 days ago
- Dr. Tom Prichard Talks Roman Reigns, His Students, NXT TalentPosted 4 days ago
- Bad News Barrett Talks WWE Fans, “WWE 2K15,” Being WWE World Heavyweight ChampionPosted 4 days ago
- The Miz Talks Damien Mizdow, Intercontinental Championship, Promo VideoPosted 4 days ago
- Update on On-Screen “Sexual Tension” Between Paige and AJ LeePosted 4 days ago
- Major TNA “Impact Wrestling” *Spoilers*: Debut and Title ChangePosted 4 days ago
- Evan Bourne Talks Chris Jericho, How He Got Released, Independent Circuit, PoliticsPosted 4 days ago
Vince McMahon Interested in Buying Newcastle United
- Updated: February 17, 2014
According to a report by Winnersports.co.uk,World Wrestling Entertainment chairman Vince McMahon has expressed interest in purchasing Newcastle United FC from owner Mike Ashley.
Talks are in extremely early stages, but the report indicates that McMahon would like to own a Premier League club.
Vince McMahon has been sniffing around the club and seems keen on pursuing his interest.
He sees England as an untapped market for his wrestling empire. He has even indicated he could put on wrestling bouts at St James’s Park.
Obviously it is very early days but there is hope the fans may get what they want with Ashley leaving. Buying a club like Newcastle would throw him into the spotlight in England which is just what he is looking to do. (Newcastle source)
Newcastle United currently owns a record of 11 wins, four draws and 11 loses. That has the club currently sitting ninth in the Barclays Premier League.
Ashley has been in talks with several American companies to sell the team, although talks with McMahon seem to be further along than most.