- Bully Ray Reportedly Leaving TNAPosted 3 days ago
- John Cena Reveals First “WWE 2K15″ ImagePosted 2 weeks ago
- WWE Releases Ricardo RodriguezPosted 3 weeks ago
- Wrestle REACTION: July 28 Edition!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Breaking: TNA’s “Impact Wrestling” Cancelled by SpikePosted 3 weeks ago
- CM Punk Says He Will “Never Ever” Return to WWEPosted 1 month ago
- WWE Reportedly Releases Ricky “The Dragon” SteamboatPosted 1 month ago
- The Commentary: Daniel Bryan’s Injuries Must Bring Change to WrestlingPosted 1 month ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 105 (July 5, 2014)Posted 2 months ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 99 (June 28, 2014)Posted 2 months ago
Update on CM Punk’s Future in Professional Wrestling
- Updated: March 5, 2014
On Tuesday, Wrestling Rumors noted that CM Punk not only did not appear on “Monday Night Raw” this past week, but there were never any plans for him to be slated into the script. The show went live from Chicago, his hometown, and even opened with his music followed by a worked-shoot promo by his former manager, Paul Heyman.
Further reports from PWInsider.com now claim that there is a general consensus from those backstage in WWE and beyond that Punk is mentally done with professional wrestling, and it is likely that the world has seen the last of CM Punk for the foreseeable future.
Punk’s contract expires officially in July, though according to the report, he most likely won’t be seen anytime before them. While there is always a window of opportunity for return, there has been little from Punk’s camp that indicates he wishes to anytime soon. It is said that virtually no one is hearing from him, and even close friends who may know of his plans are keeping quiet.
The 35-year-old former WWE Champion hasn’t been seen on WWE television since the Royal Rumble pay-per-view on Jan. 27.
Follow Jon Alba on Twitter!