- Jim Ross Talks Goldust and Stardust’s Heel Turn, Bella Twins, Rusev and Jack SwaggerPosted 3 days ago
- Backstage Details on ODB’s TNA DeparturePosted 3 days ago
- Fergal Devitt Discusses His Experience in NXTPosted 3 days ago
- NXT Women’s Champion Charlotte May Be Called Up, Paired With Ric FlairPosted 3 days ago
- Jake “The Snake” Roberts Awake, CommunicatingPosted 3 days ago
- WWE’s “Friday Night Smackdown” Likely Moving to Thursday NightsPosted 1 week ago
- Bully Ray Reportedly Leaving TNAPosted 2 weeks ago
- John Cena Reveals First “WWE 2K15″ ImagePosted 4 weeks ago
- WWE Releases Ricardo RodriguezPosted 1 month ago
- Wrestle REACTION: July 28 Edition!Posted 1 month ago
Update on CM Punk’s Future in Professional Wrestling
- Updated: March 5, 2014
On Tuesday, Wrestling Rumors noted that CM Punk not only did not appear on “Monday Night Raw” this past week, but there were never any plans for him to be slated into the script. The show went live from Chicago, his hometown, and even opened with his music followed by a worked-shoot promo by his former manager, Paul Heyman.
Further reports from PWInsider.com now claim that there is a general consensus from those backstage in WWE and beyond that Punk is mentally done with professional wrestling, and it is likely that the world has seen the last of CM Punk for the foreseeable future.
Punk’s contract expires officially in July, though according to the report, he most likely won’t be seen anytime before them. While there is always a window of opportunity for return, there has been little from Punk’s camp that indicates he wishes to anytime soon. It is said that virtually no one is hearing from him, and even close friends who may know of his plans are keeping quiet.
The 35-year-old former WWE Champion hasn’t been seen on WWE television since the Royal Rumble pay-per-view on Jan. 27.
Follow Jon Alba on Twitter!