- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 14 (March 8, 2014)Posted 8 hours ago
- Daniel Bryan Comments on CM Punk’s AbsencePosted 22 hours ago
- View From The Top Rope: Hijacked.Posted 2 days ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 12 (March 6, 2014)Posted 2 days ago
- Update on CM Punk’s Future in Professional WrestlingPosted 3 days ago
- *Spoilers* March 7 “WWE Smackdown”Posted 3 days ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 11 (March 5, 2014)Posted 3 days ago
- The Besong Beat: Don’t Blame CM Punk; Blame YourselfPosted 3 days ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 10 (March 4, 2014)Posted 4 days ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 09 (March 3, 2014)Posted 5 days ago
WWE Championship Match for Battleground Announced
- Updated: September 17, 2013
At the September 17 tapings of WWE Smackdown, the WWE Championship match for WWE’s next pay-per-view, Battleground, was announced. The match that will take place puts the vacant WWE Championship up for grabs in a match that pits Daniel Bryan against Randy Orton.
The inaugural Battleground will take place on October 6 in Buffalo, New York live from the First Niagara Center. This match will be the third time the two face each other with the WWE Championship on the line. The two have split the matches so far as Orton successfully cashed in his Money in the Bank contract on Bryan at SummerSlam, while Bryan defeated Orton at Night of Champions. However, Bryan was stripped of the title due to a fast count by WWE referee Scott Armstrong.