- Jim Ross Talks Goldust and Stardust’s Heel Turn, Bella Twins, Rusev and Jack SwaggerPosted 2 days ago
- Backstage Details on ODB’s TNA DeparturePosted 2 days ago
- Fergal Devitt Discusses His Experience in NXTPosted 2 days ago
- NXT Women’s Champion Charlotte May Be Called Up, Paired With Ric FlairPosted 2 days ago
- Jake “The Snake” Roberts Awake, CommunicatingPosted 2 days ago
- WWE’s “Friday Night Smackdown” Likely Moving to Thursday NightsPosted 7 days ago
- Bully Ray Reportedly Leaving TNAPosted 2 weeks ago
- John Cena Reveals First “WWE 2K15″ ImagePosted 4 weeks ago
- WWE Releases Ricardo RodriguezPosted 1 month ago
- Wrestle REACTION: July 28 Edition!Posted 1 month ago
WWE Championship Match for Battleground Announced
- Updated: September 17, 2013
At the September 17 tapings of WWE Smackdown, the WWE Championship match for WWE’s next pay-per-view, Battleground, was announced. The match that will take place puts the vacant WWE Championship up for grabs in a match that pits Daniel Bryan against Randy Orton.
The inaugural Battleground will take place on October 6 in Buffalo, New York live from the First Niagara Center. This match will be the third time the two face each other with the WWE Championship on the line. The two have split the matches so far as Orton successfully cashed in his Money in the Bank contract on Bryan at SummerSlam, while Bryan defeated Orton at Night of Champions. However, Bryan was stripped of the title due to a fast count by WWE referee Scott Armstrong.