- Bully Ray Reportedly Leaving TNAPosted 5 days ago
- John Cena Reveals First “WWE 2K15″ ImagePosted 3 weeks ago
- WWE Releases Ricardo RodriguezPosted 3 weeks ago
- Wrestle REACTION: July 28 Edition!Posted 4 weeks ago
- Breaking: TNA’s “Impact Wrestling” Cancelled by SpikePosted 4 weeks ago
- CM Punk Says He Will “Never Ever” Return to WWEPosted 1 month ago
- WWE Reportedly Releases Ricky “The Dragon” SteamboatPosted 1 month ago
- The Commentary: Daniel Bryan’s Injuries Must Bring Change to WrestlingPosted 1 month ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 105 (July 5, 2014)Posted 2 months ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 99 (June 28, 2014)Posted 2 months ago
WWE Championship Match for Battleground Announced
- Updated: September 17, 2013
At the September 17 tapings of WWE Smackdown, the WWE Championship match for WWE’s next pay-per-view, Battleground, was announced. The match that will take place puts the vacant WWE Championship up for grabs in a match that pits Daniel Bryan against Randy Orton.
The inaugural Battleground will take place on October 6 in Buffalo, New York live from the First Niagara Center. This match will be the third time the two face each other with the WWE Championship on the line. The two have split the matches so far as Orton successfully cashed in his Money in the Bank contract on Bryan at SummerSlam, while Bryan defeated Orton at Night of Champions. However, Bryan was stripped of the title due to a fast count by WWE referee Scott Armstrong.