- *Spoilers* April 18 “WWE Smackdown”Posted 8 hours ago
- Alleged Script for April 14 “Monday Night Raw” SurfacesPosted 11 hours ago
- Major League Baseball’s Pittsburgh Pirates Join Yes MovementPosted 14 hours ago
- Early Rumblings on Big-Time Matches for WrestleMania 31 and SummerSlamPosted 4 days ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 43 (April 12, 2014)Posted 4 days ago
- “WWE Tough Enough” Star AJ Kirsch Nominated for Magazine Cover CompetitionPosted 5 days ago
- WWE Stock Down Significantly, WWE Network BlamedPosted 5 days ago
- WWE to Honor The Ultimate Warrior With Tribute ShowPosted 5 days ago
- Jim Ross Discusses Nancy Grace and Colin Cowherd IncidentsPosted 5 days ago
- Vickie Guerrero Invitational Finish May Have Been BotchedPosted 5 days ago
WWE Championship Match for Battleground Announced
- Updated: September 17, 2013
At the September 17 tapings of WWE Smackdown, the WWE Championship match for WWE’s next pay-per-view, Battleground, was announced. The match that will take place puts the vacant WWE Championship up for grabs in a match that pits Daniel Bryan against Randy Orton.
The inaugural Battleground will take place on October 6 in Buffalo, New York live from the First Niagara Center. This match will be the third time the two face each other with the WWE Championship on the line. The two have split the matches so far as Orton successfully cashed in his Money in the Bank contract on Bryan at SummerSlam, while Bryan defeated Orton at Night of Champions. However, Bryan was stripped of the title due to a fast count by WWE referee Scott Armstrong.