- Current “Hell In A Cell” PPV Card! (Contains Spoilers and Rumors)Posted 5 hours ago
- Complete *Spoilers* “Smackdown” Oct. 24Posted 20 hours ago
- Baron Corbin Discusses Developing Character, His NXT Debut, CFO$ Entrance ThemesPosted 1 day ago
- WWE Announces Partnership With Nickelodeon to Air “Slam City”Posted 1 day ago
- Jake “The Snake” Roberts Provides an Update on His HealthPosted 1 day ago
- WWE Updates Talent Wellness Policy, Adds Domestic Violence SectionPosted 1 day ago
- Backstage News Behind Rusev Segment From “Monday Night Raw”Posted 1 day ago
- Update on Mick Foley’s Surprise WWE Return on “RAW”Posted 1 day ago
- 2K Sports Releases Look at Motion Capture and Pacing Features for “WWE 2K15″Posted 5 days ago
- Brock Lesnar Advertised for the WWE Slammy Awards in DecemberPosted 5 days ago
WWE Championship Match for Battleground Announced
- Updated: September 17, 2013
At the September 17 tapings of WWE Smackdown, the WWE Championship match for WWE’s next pay-per-view, Battleground, was announced. The match that will take place puts the vacant WWE Championship up for grabs in a match that pits Daniel Bryan against Randy Orton.
The inaugural Battleground will take place on October 6 in Buffalo, New York live from the First Niagara Center. This match will be the third time the two face each other with the WWE Championship on the line. The two have split the matches so far as Orton successfully cashed in his Money in the Bank contract on Bryan at SummerSlam, while Bryan defeated Orton at Night of Champions. However, Bryan was stripped of the title due to a fast count by WWE referee Scott Armstrong.