- Update on New “Total Divas” Cast and Season StorylinesPosted 1 day ago
- Kane Discusses Staying in Wrestling, Working Live Events, Favorite Wrestling MomentPosted 1 day ago
- Chris Jericho Sounds Off on CM Punk: “He Has Avoided Me”Posted 1 day ago
- More Backstage News on Randy Orton and WWE StorylinesPosted 1 day ago
- WWE Has “No Plans” to Raise Price of the WWE NetworkPosted 1 day ago
- Update on WWE and Jim Ross’ PodcastPosted 1 day ago
- Current “Hell In A Cell” PPV Card! (Contains Spoilers and Rumors)Posted 2 days ago
- Complete *Spoilers* “Smackdown” Oct. 24Posted 2 days ago
- Baron Corbin Discusses Developing Character, His NXT Debut, CFO$ Entrance ThemesPosted 3 days ago
- WWE Announces Partnership With Nickelodeon to Air “Slam City”Posted 3 days ago
WWE Championship Match for Battleground Announced
- Updated: September 17, 2013
At the September 17 tapings of WWE Smackdown, the WWE Championship match for WWE’s next pay-per-view, Battleground, was announced. The match that will take place puts the vacant WWE Championship up for grabs in a match that pits Daniel Bryan against Randy Orton.
The inaugural Battleground will take place on October 6 in Buffalo, New York live from the First Niagara Center. This match will be the third time the two face each other with the WWE Championship on the line. The two have split the matches so far as Orton successfully cashed in his Money in the Bank contract on Bryan at SummerSlam, while Bryan defeated Orton at Night of Champions. However, Bryan was stripped of the title due to a fast count by WWE referee Scott Armstrong.