- Update on Mick Foley’s Surprise WWE Return on “RAW”Posted 9 mins ago
- 2K Sports Releases Look at Motion Capture and Pacing Features for “WWE 2K15″Posted 4 days ago
- Brock Lesnar Advertised for the WWE Slammy Awards in DecemberPosted 4 days ago
- John Cena and Randy Orton Reportedly Will Close “Hell in a Cell”Posted 4 days ago
- WWE Set to Feature “Stone Cold” Steve Austin Prominently in 2015Posted 4 days ago
- WWE Reportedly Interested in a Dudley Boyz ReturnPosted 4 days ago
- Ricardo Rodriguez Blasts Triple H, Says “Nobody” Has Fun in WWEPosted 6 days ago
- Kevin Steen Discusses WWE Performance Center, Sami Zayn, Daniel BryanPosted 6 days ago
- Justin Roberts Issues Statement on WWE ReleasePosted 6 days ago
- Mick Foley Talks Rusev’s Performance on “RAW,” Bullying, Jack SwaggerPosted 6 days ago
WWE Championship Match for Battleground Announced
- Updated: September 17, 2013
At the September 17 tapings of WWE Smackdown, the WWE Championship match for WWE’s next pay-per-view, Battleground, was announced. The match that will take place puts the vacant WWE Championship up for grabs in a match that pits Daniel Bryan against Randy Orton.
The inaugural Battleground will take place on October 6 in Buffalo, New York live from the First Niagara Center. This match will be the third time the two face each other with the WWE Championship on the line. The two have split the matches so far as Orton successfully cashed in his Money in the Bank contract on Bryan at SummerSlam, while Bryan defeated Orton at Night of Champions. However, Bryan was stripped of the title due to a fast count by WWE referee Scott Armstrong.