- *Spoilers* “WWE Smackdown” April 25Posted 4 hours ago
- Jonathan Coachman Talks WWE Career and a Vince McMahon PrankPosted 14 hours ago
- AJ Lee Reportedly Scheduled for May ReturnPosted 16 hours ago
- Current WWE “Extreme Rules” Match Card!Posted 1 day ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 49 (April 19, 2014)Posted 4 days ago
- Christopher Daniels and Kazarian Expected to Leave TNAPosted 5 days ago
- Major Update on Vince Russo’s TNA StatusPosted 5 days ago
- WWE Blacklists Nancy Grace From Talking to TalentPosted 5 days ago
- Ted DiBiase Jr. on Favorite WWE Matches, Travel Schedule, Daniel BryanPosted 5 days ago
- More WWE Documents Leak, Including A “To-Do List”Posted 6 days ago
WWE Championship Match for Battleground Announced
- Updated: September 17, 2013
At the September 17 tapings of WWE Smackdown, the WWE Championship match for WWE’s next pay-per-view, Battleground, was announced. The match that will take place puts the vacant WWE Championship up for grabs in a match that pits Daniel Bryan against Randy Orton.
The inaugural Battleground will take place on October 6 in Buffalo, New York live from the First Niagara Center. This match will be the third time the two face each other with the WWE Championship on the line. The two have split the matches so far as Orton successfully cashed in his Money in the Bank contract on Bryan at SummerSlam, while Bryan defeated Orton at Night of Champions. However, Bryan was stripped of the title due to a fast count by WWE referee Scott Armstrong.