- WWE Posts Inside Look at Tryouts at the WWE Performance CenterPosted 2 days ago
- Update on TNA’s Next Television DealPosted 2 days ago
- Rumors of Next Round of WWE Talent ReleasesPosted 2 days ago
- Jim Ross Talks Color Commentators, Relationship With Vince McMahon, Cena Heel TurnPosted 2 days ago
- *COMPLETE SPOILERS* for Oct. 31 Halloween Edition of “Smackdown”Posted 2 days ago
- CM Punk Appears at “The Walking Dead” Escape!Posted 4 days ago
- “Stone Cold” Steve Austin Says Cesaro Deserves a PushPosted 4 days ago
- Jim Ross Talks Rusev’s Character, Billy Jack Haynes’ Lawsuit, TNA and ROHPosted 4 days ago
- Details on Billy Jack Haynes Lawsuit Against WWEPosted 4 days ago
- Randy Orton to Star in “The Condemned 2: Desert Prey”Posted 4 days ago
*Spoiler* Stipulation Added to the World Heavyweight Championship Match at Battleground
- Updated: September 24, 2013
During Tuesday night’s WWE Smackdown tapings, a stipulation was added to the World Heavyweight Championship match that will take place at WWE Battleground on October 6th. Current World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio will face Rob Van Dam for the title at the inaugural PPV, and the match will be held under Hardcore Rules. The stipulation was added by Vickie Guerrero and COO Triple H during a backstage segment on this coming Friday’s show.
Extreme Championship Wrestling changed the way modern day professional wrestling fans look at hardcore matches, and Van Dam is one of the biggest reasons for it. RVD is one of the most well known ECW Champions to ever grace the ring, and has a history with matches quite like these, which incorporate no disqualification rules with the encouraged use of weapons.
While Del Rio may not be as “hardcore” as Van Dam, both men always work hard in the ring and the bout should be a great one.
Three matches have been confirmed for WWE Battleground so far, and you can see them here: WWE Battleground PPV Card
Everything you need to know about WWE Battleground can be found here: WWE Battleground HUB!
WWE Battleground airs on Pay-Per-View Sunday, October 6th, 2013. WrestlingRumors.net will of course have full live coverage and results of the event, and you can “live tweet” along side of us on Twitter by following us @WrestleRumors.
We will also be hosting a special “Battleground Pre-Show” via Google Hangouts, where we want YOU, the Wrestling Rumors faithful, to join us as we break down the final card match-by-match before the big show gets underway. “Wresting Rumors’ Battleground Hangout” will begin at 6:00pm ET on October 6th!