- TNA and AJ Styles Likely Parting Ways Over MoneyPosted 19 hours ago
- Antonio Cesaro May Be Turning Face SoonPosted 20 hours ago
- *SPOILERS* WWE Smackdown 12/13Posted 1 day ago
- Report: WrestleMania 32 Will Be Held at AT&T StadiumPosted 3 days ago
- Santa Clara to Host WrestleMania 31Posted 5 days ago
- Rumors of CM Punk and Alberto Del Rio Retirement TalkPosted 6 days ago
- *Spoiler* Huge TNA Star Returns at Latest Impact TapingsPosted 7 days ago
- RAW Viewership Drops to Significantly Low NumbersPosted 1 week ago
- CM Punk Reportedly Dealing With Injuries AgainPosted 1 week ago
- Triple H and CM Punk May Have a WrestleMania XXX MatchPosted 1 week ago
*Spoiler* Stipulation Added to the World Heavyweight Championship Match at Battleground
- Updated: September 24, 2013
During Tuesday night’s WWE Smackdown tapings, a stipulation was added to the World Heavyweight Championship match that will take place at WWE Battleground on October 6th. Current World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio will face Rob Van Dam for the title at the inaugural PPV, and the match will be held under Hardcore Rules. The stipulation was added by Vickie Guerrero and COO Triple H during a backstage segment on this coming Friday’s show.
Extreme Championship Wrestling changed the way modern day professional wrestling fans look at hardcore matches, and Van Dam is one of the biggest reasons for it. RVD is one of the most well known ECW Champions to ever grace the ring, and has a history with matches quite like these, which incorporate no disqualification rules with the encouraged use of weapons.
While Del Rio may not be as “hardcore” as Van Dam, both men always work hard in the ring and the bout should be a great one.
Three matches have been confirmed for WWE Battleground so far, and you can see them here: WWE Battleground PPV Card
Everything you need to know about WWE Battleground can be found here: WWE Battleground HUB!
WWE Battleground airs on Pay-Per-View Sunday, October 6th, 2013. WrestlingRumors.net will of course have full live coverage and results of the event, and you can “live tweet” along side of us on Twitter by following us @WrestleRumors.
We will also be hosting a special “Battleground Pre-Show” via Google Hangouts, where we want YOU, the Wrestling Rumors faithful, to join us as we break down the final card match-by-match before the big show gets underway. “Wresting Rumors’ Battleground Hangout” will begin at 6:00pm ET on October 6th!