- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 21 (March 17, 2014)Posted 48 mins ago
- CM Punk Breaks Silence on 3:16; It’s a Work!Posted 7 hours ago
- Roman Reigns Discusses His Road to WWE, In-Ring Psychology, WWE NetworkPosted 2 days ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 20 (March 15, 2014)Posted 2 days ago
- Roman Reigns Reveals “Really Lame” Idea WWE Wanted For Shield DebutPosted 3 days ago
- New WrestleMania XXX Match Being Considered for The ShieldPosted 3 days ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 18 (March 13, 2014)Posted 4 days ago
- Update on Scott Hall’s Potential WWE Hall of Fame InductionPosted 5 days ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 17 (March 12, 2014)Posted 5 days ago
- *Spoilers* March 14 “WWE Smackdown”Posted 5 days ago
Shawn Michaels Says He Almost Died Due to His Drug Use
- Updated: November 14, 2013
WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels says he almost died due to his drug use in the 1990′s. During a recent ministry outreach event, Michaels spoke to around 525 people (most of which were teenagers) about his former destructive lifestyle. Michaels went as far as to say he was doing everything he could to kill himself, except for putting a loaded weapon in his hands.
In a recent article written by Shawn Annarelli of Triblive.com, the story of Michaels sharing his testimony at the North Way Christian Community in Pine, PA. is one that digs deep into the life of “Mr. WrestleMania.” Michaels, who’s 48 years old, made these remarks before sharing his story with the 400+ teens in the audience,
“My specialty has been pretending to be things I’m not since I was 19. I’ve played a part my entire life, but now, I’m here, and I have to be real.”
Michaels would go on to discuss being thirty years old in 1996, which is when he had just become the newly crowned World Wrestling Federation Champion, and was a struggling drug addict. He got married in 1998 to WCW Nitro Girl “Whisper,” who’s real name is Rebecca. He then shares that she had to pick him up in the shower when he fell often and drag him to bed from the couch after he would be passed out from using different substances. After becoming unconscious on his couch one day in 2002, his two year old son tried to wake him up, but couldn’t. That was Michaels’ breaking point.
Michaels goes on to say that this was when he prayed for Christ to save him, and became drug free. His Christian walk is what gave him the strength then, and continues to do so to this day.
“I was doing everything I could to kill myself except put a loaded weapon in my hand,” said Michaels.
Don’t forget to sign-up for the WrestlingRumors.net VIP Newsletter! Sign-up now and get an EXCLUSIVE (and revealing) interview with former WWE and TNA superstar Matt Morgan! You don’t want to miss out on this one!