- Major NXT Stars Discuss Being in WWEPosted 5 days ago
- Shark Boy Backstage at “Impact Wrestling” TapingsPosted 5 days ago
- Update on Negotiations Between Germany’s Tim Wiese and WWEPosted 5 days ago
- Lance Russell May Introduce Jerry “The King” Lawler Before “Raw”Posted 5 days ago
- Dr. Tom Prichard Talks Roman Reigns, His Students, NXT TalentPosted 6 days ago
- Bad News Barrett Talks WWE Fans, “WWE 2K15,” Being WWE World Heavyweight ChampionPosted 6 days ago
- The Miz Talks Damien Mizdow, Intercontinental Championship, Promo VideoPosted 6 days ago
- Update on On-Screen “Sexual Tension” Between Paige and AJ LeePosted 6 days ago
- Major TNA “Impact Wrestling” *Spoilers*: Debut and Title ChangePosted 6 days ago
- Evan Bourne Talks Chris Jericho, How He Got Released, Independent Circuit, PoliticsPosted 6 days ago
Report: Alberto Del Rio To TNA?
- Updated: August 9, 2014
TNA representatives have reached out to Alberto Del Rio, according to reports.
Del Rio was released from WWE on Thursday after an altercation with an employee during a television taping. It’s thought that TNA attempted to contact Del Rio just minutes after the announcement of his release.
In a post on the F4W forums, Dave Meltzer confirmed that TNA staff had indeed tried to get in contact with Del Rio, with a view to bringing in the former WWE Champion at the company’s next television taping.
It’s speculated that TNA may be looking at this and other options in a move to appease Spike after reports that the company cancelled their television deal last month, however Meltzer also notes that Del Rio will likely have a ninety-day no compete clause, effectively ruling out a move to TNA any time soon.