- Jim Ross Talks Goldust and Stardust’s Heel Turn, Bella Twins, Rusev and Jack SwaggerPosted 3 days ago
- Backstage Details on ODB’s TNA DeparturePosted 3 days ago
- Fergal Devitt Discusses His Experience in NXTPosted 3 days ago
- NXT Women’s Champion Charlotte May Be Called Up, Paired With Ric FlairPosted 3 days ago
- Jake “The Snake” Roberts Awake, CommunicatingPosted 3 days ago
- WWE’s “Friday Night Smackdown” Likely Moving to Thursday NightsPosted 1 week ago
- Bully Ray Reportedly Leaving TNAPosted 2 weeks ago
- John Cena Reveals First “WWE 2K15″ ImagePosted 4 weeks ago
- WWE Releases Ricardo RodriguezPosted 1 month ago
- Wrestle REACTION: July 28 Edition!Posted 1 month ago
Jim Ross Criticizes the RAW Broadcast Team
- Updated: October 3, 2013
There is a new blog posting on JRsBarBQ.com where WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross criticizes the RAW broadcast team. The Monday Night Raw color commentary crew, which consists of Michael Cole, Jerry “The King” Lawler, and JBL, was said to create “disconnect” for Ross as he watches the program.
When talking about the work these three men do on Monday nights, Ross said,
“I have great admiration for the RAW announce team, they are all men that I respect and consider to be friends… However, when these men are encouraged to talk about matters that are unrelated to any significant to what I’m seeing on the screen it becomes a disconnect for me. If I am watching the TV and my eyes are processing what I am seeing but audibly I am hearing another story then which source of info do I process and retain?
I know times have changed since my ‘heyday’ but I feel, rightly or wrongly, that some fundamental matters don’t change. When the video and the audio combine to create that memorable ‘tag team,’ then a sports entertainment/pro wrestling broadcast creates ‘moments’ and lasting memories. Actually that goes for any entity including NFL and UFC.”