- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 14 (March 8, 2014)Posted 5 hours ago
- Daniel Bryan Comments on CM Punk’s AbsencePosted 20 hours ago
- View From The Top Rope: Hijacked.Posted 2 days ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 12 (March 6, 2014)Posted 2 days ago
- Update on CM Punk’s Future in Professional WrestlingPosted 3 days ago
- *Spoilers* March 7 “WWE Smackdown”Posted 3 days ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 11 (March 5, 2014)Posted 3 days ago
- The Besong Beat: Don’t Blame CM Punk; Blame YourselfPosted 3 days ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 10 (March 4, 2014)Posted 4 days ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 09 (March 3, 2014)Posted 5 days ago
Former WWE and TNA Wrestler Matt Morgan Leaving Professional Wrestling
- Updated: January 8, 2014
In a recent interview with ProWrestling.net, former WWE and TNA wrestler Matt Morgan announced that he is leaving professional wrestling as he welcomes his newborn son Jackson. Morgan confirmed his child’s birth Tuesday night.
By the grace of God, we welcomed our first born Jackson Morgan into the world earlier today!!! Thx for all ur prayers guys! #GodIsGreat
— Matt Morgan (@BPmattmorgan) January 8, 2014
Morgan claimed he would be leaving wrestling to pursue a career as a regional manager with a medical company. He went on to say that while he did in fact hear from both companies, he would be leaving the business since he couldn’t turn down the new opportunity.
However, he did not claim he was retiring as he still felt he was in his prime, and even suggested he may work the occasional independent date.
Morgan is 37 and first got his foot in the door with WWE second season of Tough Enough. He spent several years in WWE, but was let go in 2005.
Afterwards, Morgan jumped ship to Orlando and debuted in TNA in 2007. He is a two-time TNA World Tag Team Champion, and was ranked in the top 50 for PWI’s Top 500 Wrestlers of 2011. Morgan was released from TNA at his request in July of 2013.
Wrestling Rumors recently chatted with Morgan in an exclusive interview of our own, which can be accessed by signing up for our newsletter here.
Follow Jon Alba on Twitter!