- Sean O’Haire Reportedly Participated in WWE-Sponsored RehabPosted 4 days ago
- Update on How John Cena is Being Booked by Vince McMahonPosted 4 days ago
- Jack Swagger Talks Face Turn, Cesaro, Being a VeteranPosted 4 days ago
- Kurt Angle Discusses Chris Benoit, TNA vs. WWE, Lack of Main Event StarsPosted 4 days ago
- Bobby “The Brain” Heenan Suffers Hip Injury, Needs SurgeryPosted 4 days ago
- Off The Top Rope Radio Goes LIVE @ 8 p.m. ET!Posted 5 days ago
- WWE May Consider Bringing the WWE Network to CablePosted 6 days ago
- Update on NXT Creative ProcessPosted 6 days ago
- Speculation on KENTA’s First NXT MatchPosted 6 days ago
- Christian’s WWE In-Ring Career May Be OverPosted 6 days ago
Flag Match Confirmed for “SummerSlam” (Contains Spoilers)
- Updated: July 29, 2014
A Flag Match has been confirmed for “SummerSlam.”
As previously reported, a Flag Match was rumored to be on the card, pitting Jack Swagger against Rusev yet again, but this time, the victor of the match will be the first man that retrieves their flag from the pole erected in their corner. WWE is booking the next Rusev vs Swagger bout in this manner, so that Swagger can pick up a victory without having to pin Rusev.
The match was confirmed for “SummerSlam” during the July 29 “Smackdown” tapings. In the opening segment of the program, which will air on Aug. 1, Rusev, Lana, Zeb Colter, and Swagger engage in a verbal exchange that leads to the match becoming official for Aug. 17. This will be the first WWE flag match in years.
Saw this one coming a mile away. Hopefully we get a good match all the way up to Swagger pulling down Old Glory.