- WWE’s “Friday Night Smackdown” Likely Moving to Thursday NightsPosted 5 days ago
- Bully Ray Reportedly Leaving TNAPosted 2 weeks ago
- John Cena Reveals First “WWE 2K15″ ImagePosted 4 weeks ago
- WWE Releases Ricardo RodriguezPosted 4 weeks ago
- Wrestle REACTION: July 28 Edition!Posted 1 month ago
- Breaking: TNA’s “Impact Wrestling” Cancelled by SpikePosted 1 month ago
- CM Punk Says He Will “Never Ever” Return to WWEPosted 1 month ago
- WWE Reportedly Releases Ricky “The Dragon” SteamboatPosted 1 month ago
- The Commentary: Daniel Bryan’s Injuries Must Bring Change to WrestlingPosted 2 months ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 105 (July 5, 2014)Posted 2 months ago
Details On Why Scott Hall is Being Inducted Into the WWE Hall of Fame as “Razor Ramon”
- Updated: March 25, 2014
A new report from PWInsider.com has provided some new details on why Scott Hall is being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame as “Razor Ramon” instead of his actual name. The report claims there are two main reasons the company is promoting Hall as “Razor Ramon” for the 2014 Hall of Fame.
One, Vince McMahon is very proud of the character, as it was one of the first heel characters to get over so well the fans started cheering for the “bad guy.” The company even referenced this in the promotional video shown for “Razor Ramon” during the March 24 edition of “Monday Night Raw.” The opening narration in the video claims that, “Before the Rattlesnake. Before D-X. Before the Rock. One man proved that it could be good, to be bad,” in reference to Hall’s “Bad Guy” character of Razor Ramon.
The second reason given to PWInsider.com by their source is that the company is trying to save future names to induct into the WWE Hall of Fame. They feel like big, notable names will continue to be what sells tickets to the induction ceremony, which is a highlight of the “WrestleMania Weekend” experience for ticket-buying “extreme” fans. In order for WWE to continue to have marquee names for future classes of the Hall of Fame, they’re likely going to be inducting more gimmicks first, if a superstar had multiple gimmicks that made an impact on the business.
Razor Ramon will be inducted first, and it is expected that Hall will be inducted soon under his real name as part of either the Kliq, the Outsiders, or the nWo. WWE broke new ground inducting Ric Flair into the Hall of Fame twice, once as himself, then again with the Four Horsemen.
With Paul Bearer being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame this year, we could easily see Percival Pringle III inducted in the future, as they’ve made no reference to Bill Moody every using the Percy Pringle gimmick on WWE TV. It seems that they’ve realized they may have to take short cuts such as inducting gimmicks to have enough names that will draw going forward into the future.
Hall will be inducted into the 2014 WWE Hall of Fame on April 5 in New Orleans, along side of Jake “The Snake” Roberts, Paul Bearer, Lita, Ultimate Warrior, Carlos Colón, and Mr. T. Inducting Hall is likely to be the “Wolfpac,” Kevin Nash and “X-Pac” Sean Waltman. Waltman has said in previous interviews that he will be in New Orleans on April 5 to induct his good friend Hall into the WWE Hall of Fame.