- Bully Ray Reportedly Leaving TNAPosted 5 days ago
- John Cena Reveals First “WWE 2K15″ ImagePosted 3 weeks ago
- WWE Releases Ricardo RodriguezPosted 3 weeks ago
- Wrestle REACTION: July 28 Edition!Posted 4 weeks ago
- Breaking: TNA’s “Impact Wrestling” Cancelled by SpikePosted 4 weeks ago
- CM Punk Says He Will “Never Ever” Return to WWEPosted 1 month ago
- WWE Reportedly Releases Ricky “The Dragon” SteamboatPosted 1 month ago
- The Commentary: Daniel Bryan’s Injuries Must Bring Change to WrestlingPosted 1 month ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 105 (July 5, 2014)Posted 2 months ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 99 (June 28, 2014)Posted 2 months ago
Dean Ambrose Becomes Longest-Reigning United States Champion in WWE History
- Updated: April 28, 2014
On April 28, Dean Ambrose became the longest-reigning United States Champion in WWE history. Though the longest-reinging United States Champion of all-time is Lex Luger, who held the title for 523 days while the title was still an NWA commodity, Ambrose has now surpassed former champion MVP as the man who has held the strap the longest since it has been in WWE.
Ambrose became the 77 man to hold US gold on May 19, 2013 during WWE’s “Extreme Rules” event. He then joins a fraternity of champions that includes Ric Flair, Rick Rude, Cesaro, MVP, Sting, Scott Hall, Goldberg, Lex Luger, Curt Hennig, and many more. April 28 marks the 344 day of Ambrose’s reign at United States Champion.
I still believe that Ambrose gets the title taken off of him very soon. I’d like to see it before May 4 and this year’s “Extreme Rules” event. It would make The Shield’s strife with Evolution more impactful if Triple H, Batista, and Randy Orton some how figure out a way to take the strap off of him on “Monday Night Raw” or “Smackdown” prior to the event IMO.