- MARKED OUT! …checked out… RAW 05/20/13Posted 40 mins ago
- WWE Releases Derrick Bateman and Briley PiercePosted 4 days ago
- IMPACT WRESTLING! Preview 05/16/13Posted 5 days ago
- MARKED OUT! …checked out… RAW 05-13-13Posted 6 days ago
- (Audio) The Commentary: Believe in The Shield, and No MorePosted 7 days ago
- MARKED OUT! …checked out… RAW 05/06/13Posted 14 days ago
- Monday Night Raw Preview: 05-06-13Posted 15 days ago
- MARKED OUT! …checked out… RAW: 04/29/13Posted 21 days ago
- Breaking: John Cena Reportedly Injures AchillesPosted 23 days ago
- Hulk Hogan Heckled at TNA Press ConferencePosted 27 days ago
CM Punk/The Undertaker Penciled for WrestleMania 29
- Updated: February 27, 2013
Reports have surfaced that WWE has officially penciled in a CM Punk match with The Undertaker at WrestleMania 29. This effectively removes Punk from the WWE Championship picture, leaving a John Cena vs. The Rock match as the billed main event.
The apparent issue currently with the program is that WWE officials are worried about having Punk lose to the returning Deadman, as that would mean three consecutive pay-per-view losses for the former champion. Punk also lost this past Monday in a near 30-minute thriller with Cena to determine the No. 1 contender for The Rock’s championship. With The Undertaker sporting a 20-0 record at WrestleMania, the belief is that he will not lose.
Undertaker made his return at a house show in Waco, T.X. last week. WWE featured an “unofficial” video of it on RAW this past week, not long after Punk cut a promo proclaiming himself to be the “best of any era” in professional wrestling. Many will remember last year that WrestleMania 28 featured an “End of an Era” match between Triple H and Taker . Punk would also declare himself as “immortal”, perhaps another allusion to his WrestleMania opponent.
Still, nothing has been confirmed as to whether Undertaker will wrestle at the big event in the Meadowlands, though it is likely we will see his return rather soon. Next week’s RAW is an “Old School” edition, and the report also suggests WWE has been working quickly to get together the details of the feud.
The two have feuded in the past, each picking up a victory over one another. Punk won in 2009 at Breaking Point, while the Deadman beat Punk at Hell In A Cell shortly after.
Follow Jon Alba on Twitter!