- CM Punk Says He Will “Never Ever” Return to WWEPosted 3 days ago
- WWE Reportedly Releases Ricky “The Dragon” SteamboatPosted 5 days ago
- The Commentary: Daniel Bryan’s Injuries Must Bring Change to WrestlingPosted 2 weeks ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 105 (July 5, 2014)Posted 3 weeks ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 99 (June 28, 2014)Posted 4 weeks ago
- Breaking: WWE Releases Josh MathewsPosted 4 weeks ago
- “SummerSlam” Poster Leaks, Possibly Spoils Marquee MatchPosted 4 weeks ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 93 (June 21, 2014)Posted 1 month ago
- TNA Likely Switching to Six-Sided RingPosted 1 month ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 88 (June 14, 2014)Posted 1 month ago
Brock Lesnar Expected to Be The Authority’s “Plan B”
- Updated: July 1, 2014
The latest episode of Wrestling Observer Radio claims that Brock Lesnar is expected to return to WWE television following July 20′s “Battleground” event. He will then begin a feud with WWE World Heavyweight Champion John Cena, and will face him for the title at “SummerSlam” on Aug. 17.
During the June 30 edition of “Monday Night Raw,” Triple H announced that John Cena would have to put his WWE World Heavyweight Championship on-the-line at “Battleground” on July 20 against three other men in a Fatal 4 Way Match. He then claimed that if Cena manages to survive that match as champion, that he will initiate The Authority’s “Plan B.” While many believe that “Plan B” is Seth Rollins, it’s rumored that Lesnar will actually be used in this role.
Lesnar, who has had his issues with Triple H, Stephanie McMahon, and their family in the past, is said to be the man The Authority will enlist to take out Cena and capture the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Lesnar vs. Cena at “SummerSlam” has already been promoted by WWE, and the two are the featured superstars on the official “SummerSlam” poster and DVD cover.
“The Beast” is rumored to be the man chosen to defeat Cena for the title, and then defend the championship at “Night Of Champions” in September. WWE wants to book “Night Of Champions” as a massive show in order to bring in more WWE Network subscriptions, and they believe that Lesnar in the main event will help them succeed in that mission.
How Lesnar will return and associate with The Authority should make for interesting television to say the least. The question is, will Lesnar appear first at “Battleground,” or the following night on “Monday Night Raw?”
Excited for the return of Lesnar. Adds a sense of “what are they going to do here” to the next few months of programming.