- Update on New “Total Divas” Cast and Season StorylinesPosted 1 day ago
- Kane Discusses Staying in Wrestling, Working Live Events, Favorite Wrestling MomentPosted 1 day ago
- Chris Jericho Sounds Off on CM Punk: “He Has Avoided Me”Posted 1 day ago
- More Backstage News on Randy Orton and WWE StorylinesPosted 1 day ago
- WWE Has “No Plans” to Raise Price of the WWE NetworkPosted 1 day ago
- Update on WWE and Jim Ross’ PodcastPosted 1 day ago
- Current “Hell In A Cell” PPV Card! (Contains Spoilers and Rumors)Posted 2 days ago
- Complete *Spoilers* “Smackdown” Oct. 24Posted 3 days ago
- Baron Corbin Discusses Developing Character, His NXT Debut, CFO$ Entrance ThemesPosted 3 days ago
- WWE Announces Partnership With Nickelodeon to Air “Slam City”Posted 3 days ago
Backstage Update on Plans for CM Punk
- Updated: January 3, 2014
According to F4WOnline, WWE Superstar CM Punk’s WrestleMania XXX match is already set in stone. The website is reporting that Punk will go one-on-one with WWE COO Triple H at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, La. at the pay-per-view.
The match is said to be a lock and will reportedly lead to another “Summer of Punk” type storyline, which may lead to a CM Punk vs. Batista match at SummerSlam. During what many called the “Summer of Punk” in 2011, Punk faced Triple H at Night of Champions in a one-on-one match, but Punk lost to the “King of Kings.”
On the other hand, if CM Punk vs. Batista were to take place, that too would put two superstars up against each other that have had a pay-per-view history. Batista went up against Punk for his World Heavyweight Championship at The Great American Bash but failed to take the title due to a double disqualification.