- WWE Posts Inside Look at Tryouts at the WWE Performance CenterPosted 2 days ago
- Update on TNA’s Next Television DealPosted 2 days ago
- Rumors of Next Round of WWE Talent ReleasesPosted 2 days ago
- Jim Ross Talks Color Commentators, Relationship With Vince McMahon, Cena Heel TurnPosted 2 days ago
- *COMPLETE SPOILERS* for Oct. 31 Halloween Edition of “Smackdown”Posted 3 days ago
- CM Punk Appears at “The Walking Dead” Escape!Posted 4 days ago
- “Stone Cold” Steve Austin Says Cesaro Deserves a PushPosted 4 days ago
- Jim Ross Talks Rusev’s Character, Billy Jack Haynes’ Lawsuit, TNA and ROHPosted 4 days ago
- Details on Billy Jack Haynes Lawsuit Against WWEPosted 4 days ago
- Randy Orton to Star in “The Condemned 2: Desert Prey”Posted 4 days ago
Backstage Update on Plans for CM Punk
- Updated: January 3, 2014
According to F4WOnline, WWE Superstar CM Punk’s WrestleMania XXX match is already set in stone. The website is reporting that Punk will go one-on-one with WWE COO Triple H at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, La. at the pay-per-view.
The match is said to be a lock and will reportedly lead to another “Summer of Punk” type storyline, which may lead to a CM Punk vs. Batista match at SummerSlam. During what many called the “Summer of Punk” in 2011, Punk faced Triple H at Night of Champions in a one-on-one match, but Punk lost to the “King of Kings.”
On the other hand, if CM Punk vs. Batista were to take place, that too would put two superstars up against each other that have had a pay-per-view history. Batista went up against Punk for his World Heavyweight Championship at The Great American Bash but failed to take the title due to a double disqualification.