- CM Punk Says He Will “Never Ever” Return to WWEPosted 16 hours ago
- WWE Reportedly Releases Ricky “The Dragon” SteamboatPosted 3 days ago
- The Commentary: Daniel Bryan’s Injuries Must Bring Change to WrestlingPosted 2 weeks ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 105 (July 5, 2014)Posted 2 weeks ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 99 (June 28, 2014)Posted 3 weeks ago
- Breaking: WWE Releases Josh MathewsPosted 4 weeks ago
- “SummerSlam” Poster Leaks, Possibly Spoils Marquee MatchPosted 4 weeks ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 93 (June 21, 2014)Posted 1 month ago
- TNA Likely Switching to Six-Sided RingPosted 1 month ago
- Wrestling Rumors Radio – Episode 88 (June 14, 2014)Posted 1 month ago
Backstage Update on Plans for CM Punk
- Updated: January 3, 2014
According to F4WOnline, WWE Superstar CM Punk’s WrestleMania XXX match is already set in stone. The website is reporting that Punk will go one-on-one with WWE COO Triple H at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, La. at the pay-per-view.
The match is said to be a lock and will reportedly lead to another “Summer of Punk” type storyline, which may lead to a CM Punk vs. Batista match at SummerSlam. During what many called the “Summer of Punk” in 2011, Punk faced Triple H at Night of Champions in a one-on-one match, but Punk lost to the “King of Kings.”
On the other hand, if CM Punk vs. Batista were to take place, that too would put two superstars up against each other that have had a pay-per-view history. Batista went up against Punk for his World Heavyweight Championship at The Great American Bash but failed to take the title due to a double disqualification.