- Sami Zayn Discusses “WWE 2K15,” Being Part of the Game, Being on the RoadPosted 16 hours ago
- Mick Foley Posts His Thoughts on a CM Punk WWE ReturnPosted 16 hours ago
- Big E Talks His Favorite Music, His Favorite TV Shows, iPod ClassicPosted 17 hours ago
- Seth Rollins Discusses Money in the Bank Briefcase, the “Curb Stomp,” Growing UpPosted 17 hours ago
- Photo: Kevin Nash on Set of “Magic Mike XXL”Posted 17 hours ago
- Jim Ross Talks Cena and Ambrose, PG Product, New Japan Pro WrestlingPosted 18 hours ago
- Finn Bálor Reveals Origins of His New NamePosted 6 days ago
- Robbie E. Discusses “The Amazing Race,” TNA, His Favorite MomentsPosted 6 days ago
- TNA Wrestlers Now Taking Independent DatesPosted 6 days ago
- Update on Homicide’s TNA StatusPosted 6 days ago
Backstage Update on Plans for CM Punk
- Updated: January 3, 2014
According to F4WOnline, WWE Superstar CM Punk’s WrestleMania XXX match is already set in stone. The website is reporting that Punk will go one-on-one with WWE COO Triple H at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, La. at the pay-per-view.
The match is said to be a lock and will reportedly lead to another “Summer of Punk” type storyline, which may lead to a CM Punk vs. Batista match at SummerSlam. During what many called the “Summer of Punk” in 2011, Punk faced Triple H at Night of Champions in a one-on-one match, but Punk lost to the “King of Kings.”
On the other hand, if CM Punk vs. Batista were to take place, that too would put two superstars up against each other that have had a pay-per-view history. Batista went up against Punk for his World Heavyweight Championship at The Great American Bash but failed to take the title due to a double disqualification.