- Major NXT Stars Discuss Being in WWEPosted 3 days ago
- Shark Boy Backstage at “Impact Wrestling” TapingsPosted 3 days ago
- Update on Negotiations Between Germany’s Tim Wiese and WWEPosted 3 days ago
- Lance Russell May Introduce Jerry “The King” Lawler Before “Raw”Posted 3 days ago
- Dr. Tom Prichard Talks Roman Reigns, His Students, NXT TalentPosted 3 days ago
- Bad News Barrett Talks WWE Fans, “WWE 2K15,” Being WWE World Heavyweight ChampionPosted 3 days ago
- The Miz Talks Damien Mizdow, Intercontinental Championship, Promo VideoPosted 3 days ago
- Update on On-Screen “Sexual Tension” Between Paige and AJ LeePosted 3 days ago
- Major TNA “Impact Wrestling” *Spoilers*: Debut and Title ChangePosted 4 days ago
- Evan Bourne Talks Chris Jericho, How He Got Released, Independent Circuit, PoliticsPosted 4 days ago
Additional Information About Jim Ross Leaving the WWE
- Updated: September 26, 2013
The Wrestling Observer Newletter is reporting some additional information about Jim Ross leaving the WWE. While it is still uncertain as to if the WWE Hall of Famer retired on his own terms, or if he was forced to leave, some people backstage in the WWE believe that Ross is not done with the company.
Sources state that they believe Ross will in fact be back with the company in some capacity before WrestleMania XXX comes around in April of next year. These sources also believe that Ross has signed a “WWE Legends” contract in order to be able to participate in said WrestleMania, appear in DVD interviews, and other projects such as these.
One source claimed that JR’s status with the company had been rocky since WrestleMania 29, and that Vince McMahon was just waiting for a reason to let Ross go. It seems as if the WWE 2K14 panel was the straw that broke the camel’s back.
It’s also reported that WWE COO Triple H, who was Ross’s direct boss while working with WWE NXT and the company’s developmental program, knew that McMahon was looking for a reason to fire Ross, and was the primary reason the Boomer Sooner was around as long as he was. It is said that Triple H will always try to have Ross be a part of WrestleMania if he can convince McMahon to allow it.
It has been noted on and off camera that there was tension between Ross and McMahon because “Good Ol’ JR” would always tell McMahon his real thoughts on the direction of a storyline or the company in general.